Dr. Jacquet will address the following critical points related to Responsible AI
- Irresponsible uses of AI
- How to use AI responsibly
- The role that international standards play and how they can help
- How standards are used to lead best practice on AI
- Explain how standards can help software engineers implement AI responsibly.
Aurelie is an independent consultant who advises ASX 20 companies on the responsible implementation of AI. She also works as Principal Research Consultant on Responsible AI for CSIRO-DATA61, she is a member of the NSW Government AI Committee and the co-chair of ACS’ AI Ethics Committee. She also leads global initiatives for the implementation of Responsible AI. To cite a few, she is
- The chair of the standards committee representing Australia at the international standards (ISO) on AI;
- the co-chair of the first accredited global certification program for AI developed by the Responsible AI Institute for the World Economic Forum; and
- an expert on AI risks and Accountability and AI incidents for OECD.ai Group
In 2021, she was also appointed by the European Commission as an expert as part of their international outreach initiative, which helps promote the EU’s vision on sustainable and trustworthy AI. Also in 2021, she won the Australia-New Zealand Women in AI and the Law award, she was recognised by Women in AI Ethics (WAIE) as one of the 100 Brilliant Women in AI Ethics globally, and the Responsible AI Institute Leadership Award.