SPLASH 2016 (series) /
There’s plenty do in Amsterdam, from shopping in the Kalverstraat, going out in one of Amsterdam’s clubs and bars, to simply enjoying the cafes, shops, and restaurants around the canals.
Here are some standard highlights:
- Anne Frank house (order tickets online, expect queues)
- Van Gogh Museum
- Rijksmuseum: old masters, includes Rembrandt’s “Nachtwacht”
- Stedelijk Museum: modern art museum
- Hermitage Amsterdam
- Vondelpark: beautiful park in the middle of Amsterdam
- NEMO Science Museum: science for kids
- Artis: Amsterdam zoo
More information: top 20 things to do in Amsterdam.
Interested in a more local guide to Amsterdam? Check out YourLittleBlackbook.
Around the hotel there are a number of restaurants within walking distance:
- Zouthaven: right below the Muziekgebouw het IJ with a beautiful view.
- Fifteen: A Jamie Oliver restaurant
- Mediamatic: hipster, – only pizza on some days.
- Hannekes Boom: friendly, eco.
- Délirium Café: beer place, has food; right across the Venue.
- Loetje: steakhouse near Amsterdam Central
For restaurant reviews and suggestions across Amsterdam, check out Thefork