Call for Student Volunteers
Student volunteers play a crucial role in ensuring the success of the 36th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Automated Software Engineering (ASE 2021). Being a student volunteer is an excellent opportunity to connect and interact with leading academic and industrial researchers and practitioners in the area of Software Engineering. Being a student volunteer is also a great way to meet other students from all over the world that are also interested in Software Engineering!
This exclusive experience is available to both undergraduate and graduate students from all over the world who are enthusiastic and willing to contribute to make ASE 2021 a unique experience for all attendees.
Would you like to be part of the ASE 2021- organisation? Don’t miss your chance! Sign up and help us!
- Co-ordinating online events, including but not limited to Whova/Zoom sessions (e.g. recording, taking questions from chat to summarise for the session chair etc.), helping session chairs, break slides, Q&As through Whova etc. (Note: there will be a preliminary training session)
- The events will be divided into two six-hour time bands (8am-2pm ; 6pm-midnight Melbourne time - you would assist 1-2 hour sessions within one or both of these bands)
- Availability from November 15 – November 19, 2021 (inclusive). You will be requested to specify in the application form if you are not available on any of the days / times of the pre- and/or post-conference program.
- We expect total time commitment to run ‘one’ session would be around 3 hours including pre-session preparation. We have about 12 sessions per day. Not all volunteers will be required to work full time, and we can take this information into account during allocation.
- Complimentary student attendee registration to the main conference, as well as the ability to attend the sessions that you have been assigned to
- A great opportunity to connect with leading researchers and discuss about your research , both from academia and industry, and other students
- Possibility to attend pre-conference events on the days when you will be volunteering
- Must be enrolled as a doctoral, masters, or full-time undergraduate student at the time of the conference
- Must be proficient in English and have good social and communication skills
Complete the online application form at ASE 2021 – Student Volunteer Program Application
Send your latest CV to the Student Volunteers Co-Chairs (firstname.lastname@example.org; with the subject line “ASE2021 SV CV for
Arrange for a letter of reference from your academic supervisor or another faculty member at your institution. This recommendation must be emailed to the Student Volunteers Co-Chairs (email@example.com; with the subject line “ASE2021 SV Reference for