Student VolunteersECOOP 2022
By joining the ECOOP Student Volunteers program you get:
- free access to all open conference sessions, workshops, sessions, and tutorials
- a great way to interact with students and researchers at ECOOP
- "behind the scenes" insights into organizing conferences
- free lunches, refreshments, and social event participation (in person participants only)
As a student volunteer, you will aid in the smooth running of the conference events by performing several crucial tasks. For instance, assisting with technical sessions, workshops, tutorials and panels, checking badges at doors, operating the information desk, helping with traffic flow, moderating the discord channels, and general assistance.
Call for contribution
How to apply?
All student volunteers are required to submit the application form. The application deadline is May 15th 2022. Student volunteers perform their duties from June 6th to June 10th of 2022 or online for VCOOP. Volunteers are also expected to be available for some amount of pre-event discussion and relevant training. There is also limited capacity for online volunteers who need not be physically present.
Applicants can be undergraduate, Master’s, or Ph.D. students in computer science and related fields.
In exchange for performing their volunteer duties (expected ~ 10-15 hours), student volunteers:
- May participate in all all conference sessions, workshops, sessions, and tutorials (without fees)
- May participate in all social events (without fees)
- Closely interact with top researchers, mentors, and other students in programming languages, object-oriented technology and software development fields
- Get free lunches and refreshments during breaks (in person participants only).
ECOOP Student Volunteers should:
- Be reliable, organized, and punctual
- Be highly motivated with strong interpersonal skills
- Be proactive and a quick-learner
- Be fluent in English
For additional information, clarifications, and questions, please contact the ECOOP’22 Student Volunteer Chair (Jan Bessai) at firstname.lastname@example.org.Questions? Use the ECOOP Student Volunteers contact form.