Student VolunteersECOOP 2015
The ECOOP 2015 Program for Student Volunteers gives full- or part-time university students from around the world the opportunity to attend and contribute to premier international conference covering all areas of object technology and related software development technologies. As an ECOOP 2015 Student Volunteer, you will interact closely with researchers, academics and practitioners from various disciplines and meet other students from around the world.
ECOOP is pleased to offer a number of opportunities for student volunteers, who are vital to the efficient operation and continued success of the conference each year. The student volunteer program is a chance for students from around the world to participate in the conferences whilst assisting us in preparing and running the event.
Job assignments for student volunteers include assisting with technical sessions, workshops, tutorials and panels, checking badges at doors, operating the information desk, helping with traffic flow, and general assistance to keep the conferences running smoothly.
In return, volunteers are granted free registration to the conferences, free access to plenary sessions, tutorials, workshops and demos, and free (shared) accommodation.
Applicants can be undergraduate, Master’s, Ph.D. full- or part-time students, of computer science or related fields.
Applicants must be available for at least five (5) full days between the 5th and 10th of July, and will be expected to provide 15 hours of volunteering work in that time. Priority is given to students who are co-authors of papers at ECOOP or any co-located workshop, presenting at the doctoral symposium, etc.
- A Complimentary Conference Registration, offering access to all open sessions (i.e., parallel paper presentations, demonstrations, and workshops) and conference proceedings.
- Free accommodation.
- Free lunches and refreshments during breaks.
- Student volunteer garments.
Please note that ECOOP 2015 Student Volunteers are responsible for their own travel arrangements.
The skills, talents and dedication of the Student Volunteers contribute to the overall quality of the Conference. The Student Volunteer role involves a range of duties, including, but not limited to:
- Providing assistance to the Conference management and secretariat staff.
- Helping and directing other Conference participants.
- Contributing to the overall smooth running of the Conference functions and social events. This also includes assisting during presentations and poster sessions as well as manning the information and registration desks.
A Student Volunteer should:
- Be enthusiastic and highly motivated, with strong interpersonal skills,
- Be fluent in English, which is the language of the conference,
- Be reliable, punctual and organized,
- Be a self-starter.
How to Apply
To be considered as a Student Volunteer for the ECOOP 2015 Conference, please fill out an application form
All applications received by April 10th, 2015 will be reviewed and volunteers selected will be notified by May 1st, 2015.
Applications received later may be considered depending on need, but will not be given priority.
If you have any questions, please send them via email to Gregor Richards at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to receiving your application and seeing you this summer at ECOOP 2015!