VL/HCC 2020 invites authors of high-quality and relevant journal articles to present their work at the VL/HCC 2020 conference.
|A Study of the Effects of Narration on Comprehension and Memorability of Visualisations|
|Supporting multi-view development for mobile applications|
Call for Journal-First Presentations
VL/HCC 2020 invites authors of high-quality and relevant journal articles to present their work at the VL/HCC 2020 conference. A submission to the journal-first paper presentations must adhere to the following criteria:
- The associated journal paper must be accepted to one of the following journals no earlier than Jan 1, 2019 and no later than March 1, 2020:
- Elsevier’s Journal of Computer Languages (COLA) (link)
- IEEE Transactions of Software Engineering (TSE) (link)
- ACM Transactions on Software Engineering and Methodology (TOSEM) (link)
- ACM Transactions on Computer-Human Interaction (TOCHI) (link)
- Taylor-Francis’s Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) (link)
- Springer’s Empirical Software Engineering (ESE) (link)
- Elsevier’s Information and Software Technology (IST) (link)
- Elsevier’s Journal of Systems and Software (JSS) (link)
- IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics (TVCG) (link)
- ACM Transactions on Computing Education (TOCE) (link)
- Taylor-Francis’s Computer Science Education (CSE) (link)
- The paper is in the scope of the conference. For VL/HCC areas of interest, check https://conf.researchr.org/track/vlhcc2020/research-papers
- The paper has not been presented at, and is not under consideration for, journal-first programs of other conferences
The authors of a paper that respects these criteria are invited to submit a one-page presentation proposal (in IEEE 2-column format) consisting of the paper’s title, the paper’s authors, the original paper’s abstract, and a pointer to the original journal paper at the journal’s Web site. If the journal paper extends previously published work (such as, a tool demo or a poster) then the proposal must include a section listing the main contributions that are novel to the journal paper. If the paper is not online yet, then specify so, and provide a link to a pre-print. Create a pdf of this one-page document, followed by a pdf of the paper, and submit this at: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=vlhcc2020. The one-page summary is for review and will not be published.
The committee will evaluate if the submissions is within the scope of the VL/HCC conference and satisfies the above listed eligibility criteria. We plan to select as many papers as possible but if the interest is higher than expected, the track chairs, together with the conference technical program co-chairs, will reserve the right to prioritize papers that better fit the conference technical program. As the papers have already been reviewed and accepted by high quality journals, they will not be reviewed again for technical correctness. They will be checked for the Journal-First criteria and prioritized according to fit within the conference themes. Authors will not receive any reviews with the notification.
- Submission deadline: March 15, 2020
- Submissions close at 23:59 AoE (Anywhere on Earth, UTC-12)
- Notification: April 14, 2020
If a submission is accepted for the journal-first program, at least one author of the associated journal paper must register and attend the conference to present the paper. A journal-first presentation will be scheduled in a session with topically-related papers. The journal-first manuscripts are published through the journals and will not be part of the VL/HCC proceedings. The journal-first papers will be listed in the conference program.
Brad A. Myers, Carnegie Mellon University, USA
Sandeep Kaur Kuttal, University of Tulsa, USA