Registered user since Thu 25 Jan 2018
Jari Porras D.Sc (Tech) is Professor of Software Engineering (especially Distributed Systems) at the Lappeenranta-Lahti University of Technology LUT. Prof. Porras received the Dr. Sc. (Tech.) degree from the Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland in 1998 about modeling and simulation of communication networks in distributed computing environment. He has supervised more than 450 Master’s Thesis works and 22 Dissertations as well as acted as external evaluator for 21 doctoral thesis works since the start of his professorship. He has conducted research on parallel and distributed computing, wireless and mobile systems and services as well as sustainable ICT. In last years he has focused his research on human and sustainability aspects of software engineering. He is actively working in international projects and organizations.
- Committee Member in Standing Committee
- Software Sustainability: A Design Case for Achieving Sustainable Pension Services in Developing Country.
- A Roadmap Towards Building a National Smart Campus: An Ecosystem Approach
- Waste Management Hackathon Providing New Ideas to Increase Citizen Awareness, Motivation and Engagement.
- PC Member in Program Committee within the Research Papers-track
View general profile