Registered user since Thu 25 Jan 2018
Jari Porras D.Sc (Tech) is Professor of Software Engineering (especially Distributed Systems) at the Lappeenranta-Lahti University of Technology LUT. Prof. Porras received the Dr. Sc. (Tech.) degree from the Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland in 1998 about modeling and simulation of communication networks in distributed computing environment. He has supervised more than 450 Master’s Thesis works and 22 Dissertations as well as acted as external evaluator for 21 doctoral thesis works since the start of his professorship. He has conducted research on parallel and distributed computing, wireless and mobile systems and services as well as sustainable ICT. In last years he has focused his research on human and sustainability aspects of software engineering. He is actively working in international projects and organizations.
- PC Member in Program Committee within the Research Papers-track
- Session Chair of Session #3 (part of Research Papers)
- Committee Member in Standing Committee
- Co-design framework for green ICT ecosystem: A tale from the Finnish green ICT ecosystem
- Panel Member in Doctoral Symposium Chairs within the Doctoral Symposium-track
View general profile