The ECOOP/ISSTA 2023 program for student volunteers gives full- or part-time university students from around the world the opportunity to attend and contribute to premier international conference covering all areas of object technology and related software development technologies. As an ECOOP/ISSTA 2023 Student Volunteer, you will interact closely with researchers, academics, and practitioners from various disciplines and meet other students from around the world.
Both ECOOP and ISSTA are pleased to offer a number of opportunities for student volunteers, who are vital to the efficient operation and continued success of the conference each year. The student volunteer program is a chance for students from around the world to participate in the conferences whilst assisting us in preparing and running the event.
Job assignments for student volunteers include assisting with technical sessions, workshops, tutorials and panels, checking badges at doors, operating the information desk, helping with traffic flow, and general assistance to keep the conferences running smoothly.
In return, volunteers are granted free registration to the conferences and free access to plenary sessions, tutorials, workshops, and demos.
Call for Student Volunteers
Applicants can be undergraduate, Master’s, or Ph.D. full- or part-time students, of computer science or related fields.
Applicants must be available for at least four (4) full days between the 17th and 21st of July, and will be expected to provide 15 hours of volunteering work in that time. Priority is given to students who are co-authors of papers at ECOOP/ISSTA or any co-located workshop, presenting at the doctoral symposium, etc.
- A complimentary conference registration, offering access to all open sessions (i.e., parallel paper presentations, demonstrations, and workshops) and conference proceedings.
- Free lunches and refreshments during breaks.
- Student volunteer garments.
Please note that ECOOP/ISSTA 2023 student volunteers are responsible for their own travel arrangements and accommodation in Seattle. A limited number of travel grants may be available (subject to the availability of funds).
The skills, talents, and dedication of the student volunteers contribute to the overall quality of the conference. The Student Volunteer role involves a range of duties, including, but not limited to:
- Providing assistance to the conference management and secretariat staff.
- Helping and directing other conference participants.
- Contributing to the overall smooth running of the conference functions and social events. This includes assisting during presentations and poster sessions as well as operating the information and registration desks.
A Student Volunteer should:
- Be enthusiastic and highly motivated, with strong interpersonal skills,
- Be fluent in English, which is the language of the conference,
- Be reliable, punctual, and organized,
- Be a self-starter.
To be considered as a Student Volunteer, please fill out the application form and arrange for a faculty member at your institution to provide an endorsement letter. Endorsement letters should be sent to email@example.com
The application deadline is May 15, 2023 (notification: May 22). Priority will be given to applications submitted by the deadline. A limited number of applications received after the deadline may be considered depending on need.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to receiving your application and seeing you this summer in Seattle!